Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Everyone seems better at parenting than I am....

My son is screaming. I am the one responsible for addressing this...I cannot. His crying hurts me. It makes me cry. I must be codependent. Being a mother is really really hard. It's really really hard without a mom. not that I ever had a mom...
And I really really miss my mom, because she was really really good at making up excuses like fairy tales and then reciting them over and over and over again until they got stuck in my brain and now they are all I can hear while I am trying to stay centered and my son is still screaming and crying.


1 comment:

  1. I think every mom has thought/felt those exact words (your blog title) as a parent... especially during the first years... when hormones get the best of us. And, there are many times where all one can do is cry... or laugh... and then cry again. There are many facets to being a mother, some very dark and lonely, but I can assure you that you are the very best mother for Oak... and tomorrow is a new day.

    ReplyDelete