Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All the light you bring.


I am not waiting for this baby
like an eager teenager is not waiting
For her sweetheart to call.
That is to say that I am totally waiting
Twiddling my thumbs and saying
Any day now
Any day now
Any day now!

Which is true
and what can I do
but wait?

Here's something we did
My love & I took this bulging belly to receive a blessing at a Gira (or ritual) of the Templo Guaracy Da Terra. Here they practice the Afro-Brazilian Earth Religion of Umbanda, using song and dance to channel entities who bring blessings and light.

During the darkest of my days I would attend their rituals, understanding little, emoting a lot, and always walking away feeling slightly better.
This temple led me to Capoeira (my first love), which blessed me with my man (my other first love), who put this beautiful baby in my belly (my third first love), and now, however many years later it seems the darkest has passed for the most part. Light has come and it is so nice.

As the three of us approached to receive our blessing I was overcome with a weeping sort of joyful hysteria that takes me in moments of bliss. Greeted with hugs the entity told us that we have all that we need and that our light brought a blessing to the Gira. We were given a candle and a flower to put on our altar to represent that light and for it to fill the our home space and our lives.

I AM SO EXCITED TO RAISE THIS BABY AND LOVE THIS BUDDING FAMILY OF MINE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment